Microsoft® have released a later version of the above converter due to some problems
occurring with NT systems.
The converter was updated on December 2nd, 1997. This was to fix a problem sometimes experienced by NT users. If you use Windows NT & downloaded this converter before December 2nd, 1997, please download the new version of Fsconv98.exe.
If you have previously installed the converter on a Windows NT operating system & are experiencing problems, the directions for the fix are as follows.
To fix an NT system that has been damaged by the installation of the Flight Shop Converter for Flight Simulator 98
1. Locate your Windows NT 4.0 CDROM & place it in your CDROM drive.
2. Start a Command Prompt session (START | Programs | Command Prompt).
3. Place yourself on the system drive ( C:[ENTER] - replace C: with an appropriate value for your system if you did not use the default install location)
4. Change directories to your NT system directory (CD \WINNT\SYSTEM32[ENTER] - replace the \WINNT with an appropriate value for your system if you did not use the default install location)
5. Expand the following files from your NT CDROM (X: should be replaced with your CDROM drive letter):
expand x:\SETUPAPI.DL_ SETUPAPI.DLL [ENTER]
expand x:\CFGMGR32.DL_ CFGMGR32.DLL [ENTER]
6. Delete the w95*.dll files (del w95*.dll [ENTER])
7. Reboot your machine
Microsoft® apologises for any inconvenience this may have caused their NT using customers.
We'd like you to take maximum advantage of the comprehensive information provided here & in your manual, while saving you money at the same time. In order also to keep the price of future products as low as possible for you, technical support sought for items already covered here or in your manual, or of a general computer system nature, may incur a charge.
Once you have double checked our answer technical support section above, for a quick solution to your problem, please visit our 'submit a question' area. A technician will endeavour to provide you with an answer, following a thorough investigation of your query.
[Return to main technical support menu]